Ca2+-Dependent Intracellular Drug Delivery System Developed with “Raspberry-Type” Particles-on-a-Particle Comprising Mesoporous Silica Core and α-Synuclein-Coated Gold Nanoparticles
Cited 16 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Ca2+-Dependent Intracellular Drug Delivery System Developed with “Raspberry-Type” Particles-on-a-Particle Comprising Mesoporous Silica Core and α-Synuclein-Coated Gold Nanoparticles
- Daekyun Lee; Je Won Hong; Chanyoung Park; Hagyeol Lee; Ji Eun Lee; Taeg Hwan Hyeon; Seung R. Paik
- ACS NANO, v.8, no.9, pp.8887 - 8895
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- For the development of an intracellular cargo release system with
mesoporous silica nanoparticles (MSN), gold nanoparticles coated with an
amyloidogenic protein of R-synuclein were employed to prepare a proteinmediated
nanocomposite into the “raspberry-type” particles-on-a-particle (PoP).
The PoPs were successfully fabricated only at pH 4.4 by yielding the MSN coverage
to 75.3% with 5 nm gold nanoparticles covalently coated with a mutant form of
R-synuclein containing a cysteine residue at the C-terminus. The entrapped cargo
of rhodamine 6G was shown to be selectively released from PoPs upon exposure to
divalent cations including the R-synuclein-specific pathophysiological ligand of
Ca2þ. Intracellular uptake of the PoPs preloaded with doxorubicin as an anticancer drug and its subsequent Ca2þ-dependent release were demonstrated
with HeLa cells in the presence of intracellular Ca2þ-regulating agents. Therefore, the fabrication of PoPs with the self-interactive protein of R-synuclein is
expected to serve as a platform technology for preparation of diversified nanocomposites with various nanoparticles and/or bioactive molecules for
eventual applications in the areas of theranostics.
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Nanoparticle Research(나노입자 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
lar Drug Delivery System Develped.pdfDownload
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.