Application of diffusion-weighted imaging and dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion-weighted imaging for ganglioglioma in adults: Comparison study with oligodendroglioma
Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Application of diffusion-weighted imaging and dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion-weighted imaging for ganglioglioma in adults: Comparison study with oligodendroglioma
- Lee, S; Yun, TJ; Kang, KM; Rhim, JH; Park, CK; Kim, TM; Park, SH; Kim, IH; Seung Hong Choi
- JOURNAL OF NEURORADIOLOGY, v.43, no.5, pp.331 - 338
- MASSON EDITEUR
- Background and purpose: To evaluate diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) and dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion-weighted imaging (DSC-PWI) of ganglioglioma (GG) compared with oligodendroglioma (ODG). Materials and methods: We enrolled 36 patients with histopathologically confirmed GG (12 patients) or ODG (24 patients). The volumetric analyses of normalized ADC (nADC) and normalized CBV (nCBV) maps, tumor volume, and ratio of enhancing portion compared to the tumor volume were performed. The microvessel area (MVA) was analyzed by staining with the CD34 monoclonal antibody. Results: GGs occurred more frequently in the temporal lobe than in the frontal lobe. GGs showed a smaller tumor volume, and higher ratio of enhancing portion per tumor volume than ODGs (P = .002, and P = .010, respectively). GGs also showed lower nADC values (1.055 +/- 0.063 vs 1.204 +/- 0.030, P = .021) and higher nCBV values (0.777 +/- 0.032 vs 0.514 +/- 0.025, P < .001) than ODGs. Among the parameters in the multivariate model, nCBV was the most significant factor for differentiating GGs and ODGs (P < .0001). GGs showed significantly higher MVAs than ODGs (0.48 +/- 0.09 vs 0.24 +/- 0.04, P = .025). Conclusion: Our results suggest that GGs tend to have relatively smaller tumor volume with higher ratio of enhancing portions, lower nADC values, and higher nCBV values than ODGs. Among these parameters, measurement of nCBV, which is correlated with a higher MVA measurement in GGs, can be the most useful tool for differentiating GGs from ODGs. (C) 2016 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Nanoparticle Research(나노입자 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.