Doping effects on trimerization and magnetoelectric coupling of single crystal multiferroic (Y,Lu)MnO3
Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Doping effects on trimerization and magnetoelectric coupling of single crystal multiferroic (Y,Lu)MnO3
- Seongil Choi; Hasung Sim; Soonmin Kang; Ki-Young Choi; Je-Geun Park
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, v.29, no.9, pp.095602 -
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- Hexagonal RMnO3 is a multiferroic compound with a giant spin-lattice coupling at an antiferromagnetic transition temperature, Lee et al (2008 Nature 451 805). Despite extensive studies over the past two decades, the origin and underlying microscopic mechanism of strong spin-lattice coupling remain very much elusive. In this study, we have tried to address this problem by measuring the thermal expansion and dielectric constant of doped single crystals Y1-xLuxMnO3 where x = 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0. From these measurements, we confirm that there is a progressive change in the physical properties with doping. At the same time, all our samples exhibit clear anomalies at T N, even in the samples where x = 0.5 and 0.75. This is opposed to some earlier ideas, which suggests an unusual doping dependence of the anomaly. Our work reveals yet another interesting facet of the spin-lattice coupling issue in hexagonal RMnO3. © 2017 IOP Publishing Ltd
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Correlated Electron Systems(강상관계 물질 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.