Distortion correction in diffusion-weighted imaging of the breast: Performance assessment of prospective, retrospective, and combined (prospective plus retrospective) approaches
Cited 2 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Distortion correction in diffusion-weighted imaging of the breast: Performance assessment of prospective, retrospective, and combined (prospective plus retrospective) approaches
- Ileana Hancu; Seung-Kyun Lee; Keith Hulsey; Robert Lenkinski; Dominic Holland; Jonathan I. Sperl; Ek T. Tan
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE IN MEDICINE, v.78, no.1, pp.247 - 253
- PurposeTo compare the effectiveness of prospective, retrospective, and combined (prospective+retrospective) EPI distortion correction methods in bilateral breast diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) scans. MethodsFive healthy female subjects underwent an axial bilateral breast DWI exam with and without prospective B-0 inhomogeneity correction using slice-by-slice linear shimming. In each case, an additional b=0 DWI scan was performed with the polarity of the phase-encoding gradient reversed, to generate an estimated B-0 map; this map or a separately acquired B-0 map was used for retrospective correction, either alone or in combination with the prospective correction. The alignment between an undistorted, anatomical reference scan with similar contrast and the corrected b=0 DWI images with different correction schemes was assessed. ResultsThe average cross-correlation coefficient between the DWI images and the anatomical reference scan was increased from 0.82 to 0.92 over the five volunteers when combined prospective and retrospective distortion correction was applied. Furthermore, such correction substantially reduced patient-to-patient variation of the image alignment and the variability of the average apparent diffusion coefficient in normal glandular tissue. ConclusionCombined prospective and retrospective distortion correction can provide an efficient way to reduce susceptibility-induced image distortions and enhance the reliability of breast DWI exams. Magn Reson Med 78:247-253, 2017. (c) 2016 International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicin
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Neuroscience Imaging Research (뇌과학 이미징 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
25_이승균_Distortion correction in diffusion weighted imaging...pdfDownload
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.