Chiral flat bands: Existence, engineering, and stability
Cited 7 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Chiral flat bands: Existence, engineering, and stability
- Ajith Ramachandran; Alexei Andreanov; Sergej Flach
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.96, no.16, pp.161104 -
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- We study flat bands in bipartite tight-binding networks with discrete translational invariance. Chiral flat bands with chiral symmetry eigenenergy E = 0 and host compact localized eigenstates for finite range hopping. For a bipartite network with a majority sublattice chiral flat bands emerge. We present a simple generating principle of chiral flat-band networks and as a showcase add to the previously observed cases a number of new potentially realizable chiral flat bands in various lattice dimensions. Chiral symmetry respecting network perturbations—including disorder and synthetic magnetic fields—preserve both the flat band and the modified compact localized states. Chiral flat bands are spectrally protected by gaps and pseudogaps in the presence of disorder due to Griffiths effects. ©2017 American Physical Society
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems(복잡계 이론물리 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.