Two-parameter scaling theory of the longitudinal magnetoconductivity in a Weyl metal phase: Chiral anomaly, weak disorder, and finite temperature
Cited 4 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Two-parameter scaling theory of the longitudinal magnetoconductivity in a Weyl metal phase: Chiral anomaly, weak disorder, and finite temperature
- Kim K.-M.; Shin D.; Sasaki M.; Kim H.-J.; Jeehoon Kim; Kim K.-S.
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.94, no.8, pp.085128 -
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- It is at the heart of modern condensed matter physics to investigate the role of a topological structure in anomalous transport phenomena. In particular, chiral anomaly turns out to be the underlying mechanism for the negative longitudinal magnetoresistivity in a Weyl metal phase. The existence of a dissipationless current channel causes enhancement of electric currents along the direction of a pair of Weyl points or applied magnetic fields (B). However, temperature (T) dependence of the negative longitudinal magnetoresistivity has not been understood yet in the presence of disorder scattering since it is not clear at all how to introduce effects of disorder scattering into the topological-in-origin transport coefficient at finite temperatures. The calculation based on the Kubo formula of the current-current correlation function is simply not known for this anomalous transport coefficient. Combining the renormalization group analysis with the Boltzmann transport theory to encode the chiral anomaly, we reveal how disorder scattering renormalizes the distance between a pair of Weyl points and such a renormalization effect modifies the topological-in-origin transport coefficient at finite temperatures. As a result, we find breakdown of B/T scaling, given by B/T1+η with 0<η<1. This breakdown may be regarded to be a fingerprint of the interplay between disorder scattering and topological structure in a Weyl metal phase. © 2016 American Physical Society
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems(원자제어 저차원 전자계 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
PRB_신동우, 김지훈(공동)_Two parameter scaling theory of the longitudinal magnetoconductivity~.pdfDownload
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.