Classically scale invariant inflation, supermassive WIMPs, and adimensional gravity
Cited 13 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Classically scale invariant inflation, supermassive WIMPs, and adimensional gravity
- Arsham Farzinnia; Kouwn S.
- PHYSICAL REVIEW D, v.93, no.6, pp.063528 -
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- We introduce a minimal and yet comprehensive framework with CP and classical scale symmetries in order to simultaneously address the hierarchy problem, neutrino masses, dark matter, and inflation. One complex gauge singlet scalar and three flavors of the right-handed Majorana neutrinos are added to the standard model content, facilitating the see-saw mechanism, among others. An adimensional theory of gravity (Agravity) is employed, allowing for the trans-Planckian field excursions. The weak and Planck scales are induced by the Higgs portal and the scalar nonminimal couplings, respectively, once a Coleman-Weinberg dynamically generated vacuum expectation value for the singlet scalar is obtained. All scales are free from any mutual quadratic destabilization. The CP symmetry prevents a decay of the pseudoscalar singlet, rendering it a suitable WIMPzilla dark matter candidate with the correct observational relic abundance. Identifying the pseudo-Nambu-Goldstone boson of the (approximate) scale symmetry with the inflaton field, the model accommodates successful slow-roll inflation, compatible with the observational data. We reach the conclusion that a pseudo-Nambu-Goldstone inflaton, within a classically scale-symmetric framework, yields lighter WIMPzillas. © 2016 American Physical Society
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Fundamental Theory(순수물리이론 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
2016_Classically scale invariant inflation, supermassive WIMPs, and adimensional gravity.pdfDownload
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.