Bulk and surface band structure of the new family of semiconductors BiTeX (X=I, Br, Cl)
Cited 10 time in
Cited 0 time in
- Bulk and surface band structure of the new family of semiconductors BiTeX (X=I, Br, Cl)
- Moreschini L.; Autes G.; Crepaldi A.; Moser S.; Johannsen J.C.; K.S. Kim; Berger H.; Bugnon P.; Magrez A.; Denlinger J.; Rotenberg E.; Bostwick A.; Yazyev O.V.; Grioni M.
- JOURNAL OF ELECTRON SPECTROSCOPY AND RELATED PHENOMENA, v.201, no., pp.115 - 120
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- We present an overview of the new family of semiconductors BiTeX (X = I, Br, Cl) from the perspective of angle resolved photoemission spectroscopy. The strong band bending occurring at the surface potentially endows them with a large flexibility, as they are capable of hosting both hole and electron conduction, and can be modified by inclusion or adsorption of foreign atoms. In addition, their trigonal crystal structure lacks a center of symmetry and allows for both bulk and surface spin-split bands at the Fermi level. We elucidate analogies and differences among the three materials, also in the light of recent theoretical and experimental work. ©2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved
Appears in Collections:
- Center for Artificial Low Dimensional Electronic Systems(원자제어 저차원 전자계 연구단) > Journal Papers (저널논문)
- Files in This Item:
- Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.